The year 2020 has been a good year for me as a blogger. My blog, Ricatography101 started to kick-off: I have been motivated to update it more regularly and it has garnered more followers over the last few months. More importantly, my blog received attention from my peers and it has been nominated for blog awards. This is the third blog award I have received this year. So, I say, not bad at all!
Last month, Richie, the author of Richie’s Room, nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you very much Richie for this nomination. I must agree with you when you said that while it is nice to be recognised and appreciated by people who are close to us, say our friends and family, it is particularly more rewarding to be recognised by our own peers. Receiving The Blogger Recognition Award is indeed a token of that recognition.
It is of course up to the nominees what they want to do with the nomination. They have the choice not to accept it. But when they decided to accept the nomination, a response is expected. When we respond to our nomination, there are certain rules we must follow and some instructions we ought to complete. Here are the rules when responding to this particular nomination.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and give a link to their site.
- Do a post to show your award.
- Give a summary of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for any new bloggers.
- Select at least 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Let each nominee know you’ve nominated them and give a link to your post.
The Beginnings of The Ricatography 101: A Small Photo Project
Not very long time ago, I have acquired and developed an affinity with photography. In order to explore photography and to get to know this particular craft, I have embarked myself into what I thought at first to be a ‘small’ photo project. This photo project would be a wonderful opportunity to practice photography and eventually find the photographer in me.
The goal of this photo project is to explore the 12 Dutch provinces throughout the year and to take pictures of its stunning cities, towns and places. I would visit and explore 1 province per month and by the end of the year, I would have completed the 12 Dutch provinces. That was at least, the plan.
I would like to say that my blog was conceived when I have embarked myself into this photo project, but then it would not be entirely accurate. As I look more closely to the whole endeavour, I have come to realise that I have actually embarked on the photo project, so that I could blog about it. It gives me something to blog about. It is more to do with writing and less with photography.
The photo project proved to be ambitious. It is still unfinished up to this day. But I have not entirely abandoned the whole idea. Soon, I will continue the unfinished project. Everything in its own time.
2 Advices to (Aspiring) Bloggers
- Embark yourself in a project and blog about it. Your imagination and creativity will be stimulated when you engage yourself in a project of your own. You will have something to blog about and what you write will be unique because your project will offer you your own experience and perspective. Furthermore, one could not underestimate the joy of learning and the rush that discovery could give.
- The second advice is very important: Do not over think it, just write and keep writing. You do not need to publish everyday, but you have to try your best to write on a daily basis. The point is: to make writing (or blogging, or journaling) be part of your daily life. It is quite therapeutic. Writing helps us keep our emotional balance.
Here are the 15 Nominees
I would like to nominate the following bloggers. They are awesome bloggers and their blogs are inspiring. Here are their blogs and their respective twitter profile. Visit them when you have time and you might find blogs you might connect with.
- Vinn en Route , twitter: @vinnenroute
- Travel for a While, twitter: @travelforawhile
- Adventure Fit For Life, twitter: @ClarissaCabbage
- Quirks and Queries, twitter: @quirksnqueries
- Vivid n Stylish, twitter: @sara22375323
- New Mexico Nomad, twitter: @505Nomad
- The Antique Economist, twitter: @ArpanDas2211
- El Unico, twitter: @ElUnicoblog
- Through Julia’s Lens, twitter: @juliabocchese
- The Mind Relief Blog, twitter: @dash_diary
- My Forty Something Life, twitter: @forty_my
- Serial Jet Setter, twitter: @SerialJetSetter
- Undaunted Adventure, twitter: @UndauntedAdven1
- Our Imperfect Perfect Life, twitter: @our_imperfect
- Spoonie Lifestyle, twitter: @SpaceMeara
Thank you very much and I am looking forward to your responses and nominations!